Friday, December 6, 2013

Why does this Sasquatch blog? I want /*echo*/

Sasquatch are very rarely seen, even more rarely are Sasquatch images captured.  There is no evidence of written or verbal Sasquatch communication.    The paucity of evidence is key to Sasquatch survival.

Yeah... I'm not much of a writer.  Takes me forever.  Always has.  Writing is extremely hard for me... and when I'm done... I almost never like the result.


Also not good at creating diagrams (although I sometimes think in whiteboard).  So, why on Earth do I  blog technique?

Sometimes I collect information for complex issues.  Maybe end-to-end system reliability /performance.  Maybe specific database/OS/filesystem/storage issues with a wide range of potential diagnoses/interventions.  If I end up with a reasonably useful collection and my mcgoogling doesn't turn up at least one such existing collection, I'll put the collection on my future blog post list. 

Sometimes I pursue a specific technical topic - eg the unexpected effect of insufficient Solaris bufhwm on the iostat results for ufs filesystems :) - for which my mcgoogling come up nearly empty.

Maybe what I collect/learn will be helpful to others. 

Maybe I'll need to remember/access what I learned in the future. :)

My posts aren't 'presentation material'.  I'm not a presenter.  (I currently speak one day a year, its in everyone's best interests for that scope not to expand.)  Not a teacher - confirmed that's not a good fit for me by trying at middle school, high school, and post-secondary levels.  I'm not very good at coming up with 'repros' to easily recreate the phenomena I study.  My strengths are pretty narrow in diagnostics, interventions, and last-ditch solutions :)  Chaos with a smile, I always say.

So the hope for my blog technique is to gain interest from other bloggers and industry experts for some currently anechoic technical topics.  If I succeed, those experts with presentation and blogging skills far beyond my own will pick up on these topics... and in the future there will be fabulous material available on these currently obscure topics.

Lets see how this goes.

Why not?

Sasquatch are very rarely seen, even more rarely are Sasquatch images captured.  There is no evidence of written or verbal Sasquatch communication.    The paucity of evidence is key to Sasquatch survival.

This Sasquatch is just hoping for echo.  If very little evidence of my stimulus remains... I'll survive.  Maybe that's why I'll survive.


*This statement is true whether you believe Sasquatch to be physical or fable. The statement is true whether Sasquatch are physical or fable.  If Sasquatch are thought to be fable, survival is more likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment